It was 100% filmed with the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 along Route 66.
I used a lens attachment kit and tripod combo I purchased on Amazon for $40 for some of the shots. Review the AT&T Prepaid Smartphone Plans.
The footage exports from the Note 2 as full 1080p HD MP4s .
I used Imovie 11 to edit, and color correct.
Added in a tweak to the codecs in Imovie 11 so the final video exports out as an Apple ProRes422 file at 24fps
Amazon does not showcase the HD element of uploaded videos when using full screen so it does not do justice to how good this really looks fyi.
I stand by my original review below, this device is simply the best ever and it’s just beyond words at this point of it’s capabilities and continues to amaze me.
ORIGINAL REVIEW —
I have been an Apple fanboy for years.
I own everything Mac in my house and I still stand by that decision over PC.
However when it comes to the Iphone I reached my breaking point of dissatisfaction as I kept hearing about the Galaxy SIII which in turn I found out about the Note 2. Before I get to that let me say that Apple deserves all the credit for the current direction in which smartphones have evolved, the only problem is the Iphone IMO has not evolved past the Iphone4 and once the 5 was released and I saw that it really was no different then the 4 and I wanted something more, I started to look.
[read the review on How to make a Video Game – Getting Started]
So enter the Samsung Galaxy Note II. Everything I wanted in a phone and tablet this device had. The question for me was how did it function? Would I lose some of my apps I adored? What were the drawbacks from moving on from an Iphone to an Android after using IOS for so long. Well I can tell you that if you are on the fence it’s time to take the plunge, this is the phone that Apple should have made with the 5 and did not.
Let me break down what I love:
* First of all this phone is fast in all areas, and I mean super fast as in it smokes the Iphone 5 in responsive feel and internet connectivity by a large margin. You will have NO problems with any videos or apps working properly.
* Upgradable. I owned a 16gig and it really was infuriating that I was stuck with that always having to manage photos, videos, apps, music etc and not having that option to upgrade without out right buying a new Iphone or jailbreaking it which I did not want to do. The Note II can be upgraded for $49 to a full 80gigs with a 64gig Micro SD card. Win.
* Clear phone calls. The Iphone seemed to have some issues with my ear as the speaker had to be lined up just the right way in order to clearly hear a call. The Note2 I have not had this issue what so ever and the calls are clear coming through the speaker so no issues there.
* The preloaded Apps that come with the Note 2 are just amazing. My favorite is the Office App which is pretty much a fully functional copy of MS Office on a hand held and it works great!
* The camera and video are stunning. Absolutely stunning. My pictures and videos look way better on this then they ever did on my old Iphone. (the screen size helps with that which I am going to talk about next)
* Screen size. This was one of the selling points for me. I wanted a tablet but after discovering the Note 2 and realizing that this was pretty much a hybrid between a phone and tablet (phablet) this solved my concern of owning two devices to lug around. The screen size is perfect. I mean it’s just great to actually be able to see what it is I am looking at and stream videos with clear resolution. Not to mention you can add flash to this device! Another annoyance I had with my Iphone which was the lack of support for flash. Now I am able to watch Amazon Prime at the gym! Woo Hoo!!
* S-pen. Amazing. The ability to write in my hand writing and draw on my phone takes this to a whole new level that the Iphone cannot even compete with.
* Sexy. Yup, the phone is very attractive from a design perspective. I love the look, feel of this device.
Samsung has come a long way from their first days of the smartphone, remember the terrible Samsung Behold? Granted they did rip off a lot of the features that made the Iphone great to begin with, but honestly they have improved them and made them better. Everything you are able to do that you are used to on your Iphone is you can do with the Note 2, just better. Have no fears about making the move if you are on the fence. Honestly I cannot even imagine going back.
Bravo Samsung for delivering and this is one of those situations where the hype really matches the product. Everything you’re reading about this phone is true. It’s the real deal.
Click Here to see: AT&T Prepaid Smartphones and Prepaid Smartphone Plans